Today we celebrated the life of Emilie Bohannon, she is in heaven as I type this. It has been a week filled with lots of tears and even some laughter as I remember a friend that has impacted me forever. For those of you that didn't personally know Em, let me try to sum her up in a few words, her words, "Wife of Jason, Mommy of Ella (6), Miller (4) and Brooks (2), and Servant to God." Emilie was solid in her faith. She lived a life that was prioritized, God, Family and Love. She taught me that not understanding this world is living in the presence of our creator, and to question His will is arrogant. Emilie was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and through her journey I witnessed blessing after blessing. She fought an incredible fight. My friend "lived" every day, she never let the small stuff matter, instead she cherished each moment. She wrote on her facebook page "Everyone should be so in love with each day." She lived that. Em left all of us that knew her an amazing gift, the assurance that she is with Our Savior. I have always been a person that has prayed, but Em taught me to be on my knees praying. I have grown closer in my walk with God because of her. I will miss so many things about her, her smile, our conversations, her wit, her unfailing friendship and love. She touched my life in a way that is difficult to describe. She told me on many occasions, "God doesn't make mistakes." She participated in a relay for life walk and her t-shirt slogan was "Don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell your mountain how Big Your God is."
Emilie, I will never forget you. Thank you for allowing me to love you on this journey, and teaching me that "All things are possible with God." I miss you my friend. I will continue to be on my knees praying for your beautiful family and for all of us to carry on your legacy. I love you Em.