June has been a little chaotic for the Sharpless Family. As you can see the girls and I have traveled to visit family during our transition. We began at Scott's parents in Orange Beach, AL. There is NOTHING like time at the beach. This was the perfect way to start our summer. We were able to relax and prepare for the rest of our transition. We then headed to my mom's in South Carolina. We love it there! This is a place of renewal for me, so we enjoyed every minute. Unfortunately, S. was back in Nashville living in temporary housing (a hotel by the airport) and working. The girls and I continued our journey with a few days with Scott, before heading to "Camp Klendworth" (my sisters). Here we started this leg with an overnight trip to Chicago. We packed in as much fun as possible in 24 hours. It is funny, the girls LOVED the city, just as much as they LOVED the country. I left the girls for a week of fun with Aunt Mis, Uncle Darin, Reed, Cole and Ki. They didn't disappoint! They had a fantastic time. Scott and I closed on our home and began unpacking! I am not going to lie, I LOVE to organize so the first three days for me were kinda fun......by day 4 I realized we have WAY to much stuff, and began to feel a little overwhelmed. After much cleaning out, donating and unpacking we are 3/4 of the way finished. There are still a few boxes and not everything has a home yet, but we made tons of progress in 10 days!
I have spent 3 days this past week in Professional Development training and am looking forward to my new job beginning in 2 weeks. Soon we will be back in the swing of a schedule. I am thankful that we are back together as a family, I realize now that it has been a long 10 months of managing. I am thankful for a husband that appreciates my need for closure and allowed me the time needed to finish our school year in AR. I know it hasn't been easy on him being home part time and trying to manage building our house, and starting a new role with his company. "Anything is possible through God."
I want to thank each and every person that has prayed or continues to pray for us. Our families have been more than supportive and encouraging during this time. We honestly couldn't have done this with out them. Thank you for loving us through this crazy time!
So......now that beds are set up, y'all have a formal invitation to visit!