confetti

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Weather Day at Home

Storms were expected last night, however I was surprised by the intensity and the "train noise".  We are fine, thankful and blessed.  Just a few material things damaged.   



The girls play set ended up 3 doors down in shreds.   

Large trees down behind our neighborhood.  

Our patio furniture was found about a quarter of a mile away, random pieces flew everywhere.  



Another chair in the woods.  

Our ceiling fan on the back porch didn't make it either.   The report is we had 100 mile /hour winds.  We lost a few shingles but no other home damage.   

This I have never seen before.  There was a fine sand/dirt that blew in from the walls.

At 3:24 a.m. I woke up about a minute before it hit, I think I felt the pressure change.  I looked out the window and it was raining large drops of rain.  I went to the bathroom and by that time the wind was hollowing, I was on my way up the stairs 3 at a time, but feeling like I was in slow motion, to get the girls.  I couldn't see out of the windows because it was so black and rainy, the "train noise" was defining.   I am not going to lie....I was terrified.  I screamed to wake the girls up, we hustled down the stairs to the closet, and then it was over.   Growing up in the midwest and moving from AR, I thought my severe weather days were behind me.  

Because of power outages, damage to schools and road closures we are at home today.   Last week it was an Ice day......today a storm day.